Seti River Facts
Grade for Autumn:3 to 3 +:
Grade for Spring: July 3 to Sept 4+
Possible operation: Autumn & Spring
Departure: Fix and on request
Rafting days: 02 days (KTM to KTM)
Entrance by: 5 hours from Kathmandu and 2 hours from Pokhara
Put-in point: Damauli
Put-out point: Gaighat
River distance: 35 km.
Optional trips to: Chitwan National Park or trekking to Annapurna region
Numbers of pax: Minimum 6 persons
Trip Price: Contact Us
Seti River Rafting
Rafting in Seti River, You can have a fairly short trip in the Seti River and offers beautiful mountain views and also unique river passing through two beautiful and contrasting scenic areas of Manaslu and Annapurna regions. This River has relatively small volume but blue and warm water and we recommend this as an ideal short trip for first time rafters or as "Warm-up" for intermediate kayakers. Seti is Best River for learning kayak in Nepal as she has very best character for this. The water temperature is incredibly warm, making it a popular choice for winter trips and also for kayak clinics for the course of beginners, diploma and advanced as well. After your exhilarating white water trip you have options either to drive or fly back to Kathmandu or to visit the Royal Chitwan National Park or again you can go for the trekking trip in the popular area of Annapurna region for few days.
Most of the year, the Seti is famous for its dazzling scenery is a gentle river, attracting families, bird watchers, nature lovers and dreamers. However, during the monsoon, its swollen rapids prove an exciting test for experienced rafters and kayakers.
The luxuriant vegetation visible along the river is a remnant of the vast forested area, which once covered the middle hills of Nepal. This area is inhabited by Magar who are renowned for generations of service with the Gurkha forces. Saranghat is a colorful middle hill village where you will have first night's camp on a spacious beach below the village.
After you complete the rafting adventure trip, you get a choice between coming back to Kathmandu or continuing journey to visit the Royal Chitwan National Park or to Pokhara.
A unique river passing through the two greenery hills usually explored by beginner and intermediate kayak learners and rafters. It has impressive gorges exciting rapids on its small volume white water.
Day 1: Drive to Damauli, and short rafting trip/ camping at Corridor of jungle near the riverbank
Day 2: Corridor of jungle nears the riverbank to Gaighat; rafting till 3PM (approx.) and drive back to Kathmandu or visit Chitwan National Park or drive to Pokhara.
Note: Rafting itinerary can be changed as per different situation.
- Ground Transportation (From Kathmandu tourist bus after rafting Local bus).
- Meals, Western and continental food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during your rafting trip.
- River Permit.
- Necessary equipment as high quality self-bailing rafts, lifejackets, helmets, plastic paddles, wetsuits (only during thewinter) on certain rivers, dry bag for gear, camera barrels and all safety and medical equipment.
- Necessary Staffs (Guide, Helpers, Cook etc).
- Tented accommodation in beautiful river beach with camp fire .
- Safety Kayak.
- Food, accommodation, insurance for all staff and their transportation.
- Expedition elements include professional guides and leadership.
- First aid kid box.
- Company T-Shirt.
Cost not included
- Mineral water, cold drinks and alcoholic beverages during the whole trip.
- Hotel accommodations & meals at if you stay anywhere at the hotel during whole trip.
- Emergency evacuation.
- Things of personal use.
- Member insurance.
- Private Transportation (If you want extra cost US$175 up to 6 people).
- International airport pick up drop (if you order we can arrange).
- Tips to Staffs.
- Sleeping bag (NRS.50 per night).
Please bring: -
- Swim wear for on the river.
- Warm clothing for the evenings including a fleece or a pullover.
- Sunscreen and lip protector.
- Sunglasses (with retaining device) and/or a cap.
- Towel and Toiletries (environmentally friendly is best).
- Personal medication.
- Reading book.
- Fishing hook (you can fishing in the Himalayan River).
Seti River Rafting Departure Dates
JAN: EVERY DAY ON REQUEST but need minimum 2 people(Kathmandu or Pokhara)
FEB: EVERY DAY ON REQUEST but need minimum 2 people(Kathmandu or Pokhara)
MAR: EVERY DAY ON REQUEST but need minimum 2 people(Kathmandu or Pokhara)
APR: EVERY DAY ON REQUEST but need minimum 2 people(Kathmandu or Pokhara)
MAY: EVERY DAY ON REQUEST but need minimum 2 people(Kathmandu or Pokhara)
JUN: EVERY DAY ON REQUEST but need minimum 2 people(Kathmandu or Pokhara)
JUL: EVERY DAY ON REQUEST but need minimum 2 people(Kathmandu or Pokhara)
AUG: EVERY DAY ON REQUEST but need minimum 2 people(Kathmandu or Pokhara)
SEP: EVERY DAY ON REQUEST but need minimum 2 people(Kathmandu or Pokhara)
OCT: EVERY DAY ON REQUEST but need minimum 2 people(Kathmandu or Pokhara)
NOV: EVERY DAY ON REQUEST but need minimum 2 people(Kathmandu or Pokhara)
DEC: EVERY DAY ON REQUEST but need minimum 2 people(Kathmandu or Pokhara)
Please click on thumb image to have large view.
Seti River Rafting Map